Albert Finch Ministry

"When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, 'Now go out where it is DEEPER, and let down your nets to catch some fish.'" - Luke 5:4

When Jesus asked Simon to go farther out into the deeper water He was asking Simon to go back out to his place of failure and try again. When any of us fail, the last place we want to return is the place of our failure. The world system says to avoid such places. God asks us to engage them one more time so He can heal us and move us forward into His preferred future for our lives.

The deeper water was important because in the natural realm this was where the fish were supposed to be. In the Spirt the deeper water is where the DESTINY of Simon was waiting. Our destinies are never formed in places where we feel comfortable and in control. Destinies are formed in places where, unless God shows up, nothing will happen. This is the essence of a deep-water calling.

"And Simon answered, 'Master, we toiled all night and took nothing!' But at your word I will let down the nets.'" - Luke 5:5

Faith is exercised in a specific place and requires a specific act. When we take a step of faith it will reveal where we have placed our trust and it will confront our greatest fears.

QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF:

1. What failure in my life is keeping me from my destiny?

2. Am I willing to trust God and take a step of faith?

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY

Views: 20

Reply to This

Forum

SUNDAY SCHOOL - July 11, 2021

John 8:39 - "They answered and said to Him, 'Abraham is our father.' Jesus said to them, 'If you are Abraham's children, do the deeds of Abraham.'"Abraham was an alien and a stranger on the earth. The goal of his life was to have a place in what God…Continue

Started by FAITH Jul 11, 2021.

© 2024   Created by FAITH.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service