Albert Finch Ministry

Luke 11:38 - "When the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised that He had not first ceremonially washed before the meal." 

If we are still "doing" acts of holiness to get God to move in our lives, then we are still operating under a "law" mentally that is not faith (Galatians 3:12). 

The legalist thinks, 'I can GET God to heal me by confessing "by His stripes I am healed.'" The person who understands God's grace will not confess God's word with the motive of trying to GET God to heal him but will confess "By His stripes I am healed" because he really believes it has already been done at Jesus' finished work at the cross.

If the motive for our actions is to be accepted by God, that's legalism. If we live wholly out of faith and gratefulness for what Christ has already done, that's grace. Grow in Grace!

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY
http://afministry.ning.com/

Scripture Of The Day - August 7, 2022   S/Day #284  Understanding The New Covenant

Views: 38

Discussion Forum

LAYING HOLD OF JESUS

As we trim our lamps and go outside the realm of familiarity and meet Him we encounter the Bridegroom -- our Magnificent Obsession. He is eternal life! First Timothy 6:12 says, "Lay hold on eternal life." This means to take hold of, to grasp, to…Continue

Started by Albert Finch Aug 11, 2015.

© 2024   Created by FAITH.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service