Albert Finch Ministry

Matthew 4:17 - "From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, 'Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'"

RENEWING THE MIND BEGINS WITH REPENTANCE. THAT IS THE GATEWAY TO RETURN TO OUR ORIGINAL ASSIGNMENT ON EARTH.
"RE" MEANS TO GO BACK - IE. GO BACK TO GOD'S PERSPECTIVE ON REALITY. AND IN THAT PERSPECTIVE THERE IS A RENEWAL, A REFORMATION THAT AFFECTS OUR INTELLECT, OUR EMOTIONS, AND EVERY PART OF OUR LIVES.
WHEN THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF CARNALITY, IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN OBVIOUS, DISGUSTING SIN. BECAUSE THEY LIVE WITHOUT THE DEMONSTRATED POWER OF THE GOSPEL, MANY CHRISTIANS HAVE LOST THEIR SENSE OF PURPOSE AND GONE BACK TO SIN.
HAVING A RENEWED MIND IS AN ISSUE OF HOW MUCH OF HEAVEN HE OR SHE WANTS IN HIS OR HER LIFE RIGHT NOW.

Hosea 4:6 - "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."

What you do not know can destroy you.
You cannot take hold of the grace and blessings of God unless you have knowledge of what He has provided for you -- ie. that you have to know what belongs to you.
Many people have accepted disease and sickness as teachers. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. Not, "Yea, I will send disease and it will teach you and lead you into all truth."

AFFIRMATIONS:

God wants me knowledgeable

I am a child of the most high God, and heir of God, a joint-heir with Jesus and have the right to enter the holy of holies.

I embrace the Word and stand upon it.

Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith, it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. "

Psalm 5:3 -- 'In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.'

Hearing from God is living with expectation toward Him because expectation places a demand on the Holy Spirit. We should live with expectation toward God twenty-four hours a day, for He abides within us at all times.

God does talk. He is speaking continually. Christians need to develop their receivers (their human spirits) which will enable them to tune in to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

Ultimately, the Lord desires that we LIVE A LIFE OF LISTENING. If we insist on God speaking audibly to us, it basically breaks one of His fundamental laws -- It is impossible to please God without faith (Hebrews 11:6). It takes no faith to hear or obey an audible voice. But it does take faith to pay attention to the still small inner voice and witness of the Holy Spirit. It takes discipline to command all manner of distractions to be still while we wait before God.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY
http://afministry.ning.com/

Views: 37

Discussion Forum

Scripture Of The Day - STARING INTO THE ABYSS

"Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life -- fear of death, fear of judgement -- is one not yet fully formed in love." -- 1 John 4:18 The MessageStop staring into that hole of loss, and start abiding in a fresh soaking…Continue

Started by Albert Finch Jan 13, 2016.

© 2024   Created by FAITH.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service