Albert Finch Ministry

John 5:19 - "the Son can do nothing of Himself"

JESUS HAD SET ASIDE HIS DIVINITY. HE DID MIRACLES AS MAN IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD BECAUSE HE WAS SETTING FORTH A MODEL FOR US - SOMETHING FOR US TO FOLLOW.

JESUS SO EMPTIED HIMSELF THAT HE WAS INCAPABLE OF DOING WHAT WAS REQUIRED OF HIM BY THE FATHER - WITHOUT THE FATHER'S HELP.
THAT IS THE NATURE OF OUR CALL - IT REQUIRES MORE THAN WE ARE CAPABLE OF. WHEN WE STICK TO DOING ONLY THE STUFF WE CAN DO, WE ARE NOT INVOLVED IN THE CALL.

OUR ASSIGNMENT HAS NEVER BEEN ABOUT WHAT WE CAN DO FOR GOD, BUT WHAT CAN GOD DO THROUGH US. THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF THE GOSPEL: TO DO EXACTLY WHAT JESUS DID AND DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL.

Mark 3:32-35 - Your mother and brothers are outside and want to see you, he was told. He replied, "who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" Looking at those around him he said "These are my mother and brothers! Anyone who does God's will is my brother, and my sister, and my mother."

JESUS CONFIRMED THAT THOSE WHO WERE SEEKING GOD'S WILL ACCORDING TO HIS DESIRE WERE THE ONLY ONES HE WOULD SPEND TIME WITH - HIS TRUE BROTHERS AND SISTERS. HE DISENGAGED HIMSELF FROM THE TEMPORAL RELATIONSHIPS OF EARTH, DEMONSTRATING A NEW VALUE SYSTEM - FAVORING RELATIONSHIPS THAT WERE ETERNAL AND NOT HONORING RELATIONSHIPS THAT WERE NOT ETERNAL.

JESUS CLEANSED HIMSELF FROM LIFE'S COMMON GOALS, SUCH AS THE SUPPORT OF A NATURAL FAMILY COMMUNITY THAT DIDN'T REVOLVE AROUND GOD'S LOVE AS MUCH AS THE LOVE OF ONE ANOTHER. JESUS WAS MODELING TO US HOW TO PURSUE HIGHER GOALS.

We start out in simple faith, trusting Him regardless of the circumstances. Then God makes a way when there is no way. We possess our promised land (see Joshua 6:1-5) with step by step obedience.

When you come up against your spiritual Jerichos, you've got to have the Word of God in your heart. Without it, marching around Jericho won't do any good. But with the Word in your heart in your mouth, you can march around impossible barriers declaring God's Word. Those walls have to come down.

VICTORY DECLARATIONS:
In all things, I am more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ who loves me. - Romans 8:37

God always promises me the victory in every circumstance. - 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thanks be to God who always causes me to triumph in Christ. - 2 Corinthians 2:14

I take possession of what belongs to me in Christ.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY
http://afministry.ning.com/

Views: 15

Discussion Forum

Scripture Of The Day - STARING INTO THE ABYSS

"Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life -- fear of death, fear of judgement -- is one not yet fully formed in love." -- 1 John 4:18 The MessageStop staring into that hole of loss, and start abiding in a fresh soaking…Continue

Started by Albert Finch Jan 13, 2016.

© 2024   Created by FAITH.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service