Song of Solomon 2:9 - "Behold, He is standing behind our wall, He is looking through the windows, He is peering through the lattice."
Yes, Christ dwells within us, but He is standing behind our "walls." The walls between us and the Savior are primarily the work of :
1. Unrenewed Minds
2. Hardened Hearts
3. We have barricaded ourselves behind fears and,
4. Carnal Attitudes
The good news is that these barriers can be eliminated. To the degree they are removed, we possess oneness with Christ and experience true spiritual advancement.
Let us pursue the removal of these barriers through the use of our:
Imagine that even as you are reading, the Lord Himself has quietly entered a nearby room. You look, and suddenly the room is:
l. Vibrant and alive, shimmering with waves of light.
2. Instantly, your senses are flooded with His holy presence as the living, probing light enters you and descends into your heart.
3. The darkness that shrouded your inner sin nature is gone and your heart is exposed.
Question: Knowing that Jesus Christ is in the room, would you enter?
If you could not bring yourself to move toward the room, what would be your reason?
1. Is it because you feel you have failed the Lord too many times, then SHAME has become a "wall" between you and Christ;
2. If FEAR keeps you distant, then fear is the barrier between God and you;
3. If an UNREPENTANT HEART is keeping you from intimacy with Christ, then heart hardness is your cause of isolation.
Remember, the pure in heart see God (Matthew 5:8). If we repent of our wrong attitudes and sins; if instead of shame and fear, we clothe ourselves with the garments of praise and salvation, the barriers between ourselves and the Lord shall be removed.
In trembling obedience, let us enter the fire of His presence for, in truth, He is closer than the room next door. He is, even now, standing behind our wall.
Questions to Ask Myself:
WHAT AM I NOT REPENTING OF?
WHAT AM I AFRAID OF?
HOW BAD DO I WANT TO MOVE HIGHER IN CHRIST?
LORD JESUS, I REMOVE THE WALL CREATED BY MY FEARS, SIN, AND SHAME. MASTER, WITH ALL MY HEART I DESIRE TO ENTER YOUR GLORY, TO STAND IN YOUR PRESENCE AND LOVE. RECEIVE ME NOW AS I BOW BEFORE YOUR GLORY.
ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY