James 4:8 - "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you."
1) Believe that you are loved and cherished by God, and that He deeply longs for intimacy with you.
2) Believe that you have been drawn into intimacy through the finished work of the cross. Let all striving go, and believe that you are already intimate. Rest in the truth.
3) Set time aside each day to worship Him...to love Him...and to pursue Him in faith. Write this time on your daily calendar as a priority. Do not let anything distract you.
4) If distractions come as you are worshipping Him and engaging in intimacy, fight them off and do not get discouraged. The enemy loves to discourage. Press through while resting in faith. The Lord will honor your fight. Even if you spend a whole hour battling off mental distractions, it is better than not spending time with the Lord. He will reward you. Continue to battle. You will get a breakthrough. Keep your focus on Jesus.
5) Journaling helps you to keep focused. You might like to write down what He reveals to you and also write love letters to Him. You can meditate on these precious things weeks, months and even years later.
6) Abide in the Word. Spend time in the scriptures each day, and allow the Lord to speak His heart to you.
7. What you sow into others you will also reap.
Disciple new believers into their inheritance in Christ, their right standing with God, and walking in the Spirit.
8) Throughout the day look for opportunities to meditate on and receive love from the Lord so that you may minister that love to a dying world.
9) Make intimacy a lifestyle. This is not something that you engage in for an hour a day; this is something that you live.
Matthew 7:7-8 - "“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."
ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY