Colossians 1:18,20 - "And He is the head of the body, the church....to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."
The work of the Cross of Christ made it possible for Believers in Him to receive right standing with the Father. Jesus' righteousness became theirs. They could now enter into fellowship and favor with God. Satan had been deprived of his one great weapon. The people who put their trust in Jesus could be forgiven for their rebellion against God (see John 1:12).
In one master stroke, Jesus accomplished three things:
1) He defeated satan (see Heb. 2:14).
2). He took away satan's spiritual legal authority to rule over the human race.
3) He restored the blessings that satan had stolen from the human race.
THE DIVINE EXCHANGE
Jesus' followers can see how the Cross had become the intersection of Heaven and earth. The supernatural traffic between Heaven and earth could flow freely through this intersection, and every individual who received Jesus—not just the super-special priests and prophets—could experience supernatural life. It is available to us:
1) Exchanging Punishment for Peace - Isa. 53:5
2) Exchanging Sickness for Healing - Isa. 53:4-5
3) Exchanging Sin for Righteousness - Isa. 53:10, 2 Cor. 5:21
4) Exchanging Curse for Blessing - Deut. 28:15-68 for Deut. 28:1-14
5) Exchanging Poverty for Wealth - 2 Cor. 8:9
6) Exchanging Threefold Death for Threefold Life - Heb. 2:9
He tasted death in three successive phases:
(1) He was cut off from union and fellowship with the Father;
(2) He was cut off from physical life; and
(3) He was banished from God's presence like a scapegoat, carrying sin away.
He was crucified and buried; He descended into Hades and rose again so that our redemption could be complete. In exchange, the gift of life to every Believer is also a threefold one:
(1) union and fellowship with God;
(2) physical resurrection life in our mortal bodies; and
(3) resurrection and eternal life in God's glorious presence.
7) Exchanging the Old Man for the New - Rom. 6:6; 8:10; Col. 2:11; Gal. 5:17-24
What an exchange! This is not just a dream of something in the future—it is a present-tense reality!
THE SUPERNATURAL LIFE -- OUR BIRTHRIGHT
It is our honor to be ambassadors of Christ in the world. It is our joy to let His love shine through our lives. It is our privilege to manifest the signs of the Kingdom of God wherever we go. Jesus said,
"These signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well" (Mark 16:17-18).
Those signs are supernatural. They are part of your birthright. The supernatural God who never changes has restored them to you. Hold out your hands to receive all that He wants to give you as a born-again, Spirit-filled follower of Jesus Christ.
Let's Enforce the Victory of Calvary!
ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY