Getting in touch with our destiny in Christ can have the single most powerful impact on our own life after coming to know the Lord and being born again. All Christians are called to be witnesses, but we also have a calling in His Body that is more specific than that.
The main factors that will lead to a revelation of our destiny and being prepared for it are the following:
A. Resolving to do the Lord's will as the chief pursuit of our lives.
1. All Christians are called to be "soldiers of the Cross". All soldiers know that they can be called upon to pay the ultimate price for their cause. For this reason, the soldiers of the Cross are called to take up their crosses and commit to die daily to their own interests in order to serve the interests of Christ:
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his Cross daily, and follow Me." (Luke 9:23).
"For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it." (Luke 9:23,24)
"You therefore must suffer hardship as a good soldier of Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 2:3)
"No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)
"And he died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf." (2 Corinthians 5:15)
B. Beholding the glory of the Lord.
C. Finding and becoming a committed part of the body of Believers we are called to be with.
D. Receiving the ministry of the five equipping ministries listed in Ephesians chapter 4.
E. Being discipled by someone other than the pastor.
1. Regular one-on-one meetings
2. Keeps us focused on the prize and off of the many opportunities in the Church and elsewhere that will take us away from what God has called us to do -- our destiny.
3. Receiving weekly assignments, will help us grow in knowledge and understanding that will eventually equip us to disciple others and move to higher spiritual attainments.
F. Engaging in our calling.
Questions to Ask Myself
1. Am I totally sold out to the Lord Jesus Christ?
2. Am I willing to agressively pursue the services of someone in the Body of Christ to disciple me in my Christian walk?
3. Name 3 reasons why I need someone to disciple me in addition to my participation in church services, sunday school, bible study clases, Christ encounters etc.
© 2023 Created by FAITH. Powered by
You need to be a member of Albert Finch Ministry to add comments!
Join Albert Finch Ministry