1 Kings 19:9 - "Then he came there to a cave and lodged there; and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and He said to him, 'What are you doing here, Elijah?'”
So the word of the Lord came to him “what are you doing here Elijah”. This is one of the most important questions God will ever ask us. His questions probes the reality of our spiritual state. He is asking “how did your service to me become dry and desolate?” He wants us to know that when we fail to esteem Him as our first love, we will always find that a desert awaits us.
God never intended for religion. He intended to have a people called by His name to steward, be productive, and carry His presence to those around us and to the nations.
QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF
1. Does sitting in a church service each week hearing a good message and worshipping together give me all of what I need?
2. Am I living my experience of being part of the Church through two hours on Sunday and maybe a home cell group on Wednesday evening ie. is this the only thing that defines my spiritual development in the Kingdom?
3. Am I active in my thoughts and communications with the Father in my everyday life?
4. Am I being transformed by His presence?
5. Am I "asking, knocking, and seeking" to discover my destiny in Christ?
6. Am I personally discipling others to equip them for discipling new Christians in the Church body?
7. Do I believe that I can change the world?
Luke 16:16 - "The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it."
This realm of God’s Spirit does not come without “pressing” – without contending. The first thing about pressing is seeking. Pressing into it means there is a passionate pursuit of God in prayer. The word “to seek” means to diligently look for and search out earnestly until the object of the search is located. It is as crying out and hungering for the presence of God.
God is about to bring my life to a new beginning.
I press into and lay hold of the kingdom of heaven in an aggressive way.
I have a burning heart of fiery witness and passion when it comes to exhorting others in their walk with God.
I repent from trying to do God's will without abiding in His presence.
Sign-up on the Albert Finch Ministry web-site:
© 2023 Created by FAITH. Powered by
You need to be a member of Albert Finch Ministry to add comments!
Join Albert Finch Ministry