Read John Chap. 1 and Matthew Chap. 11
Have the class (or individual) read aloud each of the ascribed scriptures. Then dictate the indicated summary. The student is to recite the summary of each of the scriptures 5 times per day until the next class.
Luke 18:35-43; Jesus required the blind man to verbally affirm the miracle he was requesting. The blind man receives his sight due to his faith in Jesus' healing power.
Luke 8:22-25; The storms of life have no power if Jesus is on board.
Mark 5:1-20; Jesus makes an evangelist out of a demon possessed mad man.
Matt 1:18-25; Devine birth of Jesus was foretold by Isaiah the prophet 750 years prior to His birth. Isaiah 7:14
Luke 4:16-21; The prophecy of Isaiah 61:1-2 is fulfilled.
Matt 16:13-17,20; Jesus declares His divinity.
John 3:3; Jesus promises the second birth to believers.
John 3:36; Eternal life is promised to believers only.
John 16:24-27; Jesus promises that the Father loves us, because we believe He came out from God.
JOHN - CHAPTER 1 - QUIZ
1. ____________is the____________of God.
2. All things were made by______________.
3. In Jesus was life; and the life was the ______________
4. The world was made by ___________.
5. Since I have received Jesus I have been given the
power to become a _________________________.
6. _______________said I am the voice of one crying
in the ______________ "make straight the way of the Lord".
7. Andrew said to Simon; "we have found the __________"
which is being interpreted the ___________.
MATTHEW - CHAPTER 11 - QUIZ
1. Jesus said to tell John the Baptist:
a. The _________receive their sight.
b. The _________walk.
c. The __________are cleansed.
b. The __________hear.
e. The ___________are raised up.
f. The __________have the gospel preached to them.
2. Jesus said "Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be
3. John the Baptist came neither ____________or
4. Jesus was called______________and a ____________,
a friend of_________________and sinners.
5. Jesus said "come unto me all ye that ________________
and are __________, and I will give you ______________.
JOHN - CHAPTER 1 - QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Jesus, word
5. Son of God
6. John the Baptist, wilderness
7. Messiah, Christ
MATTHEW - CHAPTER 11 - QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Blind, lame, leppers, deaf, dead, poor
3. Eating, Drinking
4. Gluttonus, winebibber, publican
5. Labor, heaven laden, rest